Sunday, October 27, 2013

Monday Muses

Here i am being the oldest
I've ever been today and the
Youngest I'll ever be
again.
Looking back now
It's all a blur just
memories.
visions.
The experience's stays
forever.
From our first step's
to our last.
From love we remembered
to the hate that is in us
My first words was a
huge deal now my words mean
nothing.
Having to worry about
nothing to worrying about
everything.
Now i look back and
say my child hood is
not gone.
But in my heart I know it's over
and i am getting one step
closer to adulthood.
Good bye child hood.
Hello....
 Adulthood



4 comments:

  1. i love how you say that our first words are everything and that our words now mean nothing, it's an interesting concept

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of the comparisons in the poem. I also like the part where you say "its all over" as if it a reminder that you have to live every moment to its fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your beginning sentence. It kind of woke me up and made me think "Hey! This day will never happen again in the history of the world! I will never be this age ever again!" Its a little depressing in a way. I also like how you compare your early childhood to being a teen all throughout the poem. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love how in the beginning you were able to hook readers with such a powerful sentence and I love all of the great details throughout the poem

    ReplyDelete